Defense Against Mold in Richmond
Rain, snow, and ice have been wreaking havoc on Richmond for weeks now. With the increase of precipitation affecting our area, there are heightened chances for moisture to breach your home or business. Old or damaged roofs, basements and poorly sealed windows and doors present perfect conditions for the possibility of water damage, and in turn mold growth to form.
Prompt mitigation is vital to avoid mold growth, which can be visible in as little as 24 to 48 hours under the right conditions.
Follow these tips to limit the chances for mold to form:
- keep the humidity between 30-60%
- provide proper drainage away from building foundations
- regularly inspect plumbing and appliances for leaks
- keep gutters and drains clear or debris
- inspect roof, windows, and other areas where water might enter the building
- take swift action on all water intrusions immediately
- contact your SERVPRO of Richmond professionals for assistance after a water damage or if you discover mold.