Your Belongings and Storm Damage
Of course you do. But, are you giving them the attention they deserve and need? Cracked gutters or old-styled gutters with open seams aren’t doing your house any favors and it’s important to inspect them over 4-6 years to avoid damage to your home.
Follow these tips to ensure you are doing everything you can to avoid a water damage or a build up of mold and mildew from old or faulty gutters.
- Replace gutters with large or high-capacity equivalents to ensure they can handle large amounts of rain.
- Clean leaf-clogged gutters with a leaf blower, a gutter scoop, or a power washer to avoid pooling on the roof or overflow onto the fascia – endangering foundation and patios.
- Summer does not mean your gutters are in the clear. Clean them out at least once in the beginning of the summer season to get rid of pollen and other tree deposits.
- Clean out your gutters after a storm to avoid termite infestation and to make sure any holes were not formed from the storm damage.
If your home or business experiences a roof leak from a water damage, call SERVPRO of Richmond and SERVPRO of Henrico at (804)-740-6151
If You Have Questions or Need Help, Call Us Today – (804) 740-6151
SERVPRO of Richmond and SERVPRO of Henrico County specializes in restoring contents damaged by storms and other water damage events. Our expertise and our “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water damage. We utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Richmond and SERVPRO of Henrico County can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. A move-out will provide several benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Water-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Do not attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you suspect has been damaged by water. We will coordinate the restoration of your electronics, including:
- Television sets
- DVD players
- And more
The key to restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. We start by cleaning the exterior of electronic devices to help stop further corrosion and damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician.
Document / Photograph Drying
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the water damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-water damage condition, SERVPRO of Richmond and SERVPRO of Henrico County can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage.
Depending on the type of documents and the level of water damage, we have five options for the restoration of documents:
- Air Drying
- Freezer Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Contents Claim Inventory Service
When a storm event happens, the damage can often feel overwhelming. We can help ease the worry and confusion during the recovery process by offering our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), which provides a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. We take a room-by-room inventory of your contents, including digital photos, and in some instances, bar coding.
Our Contents Claim Inventory Service:
- Preloss list and value of contents
- Detailed and accurate report
- Better information to settle claims quicker
- Assistance with burden of proof for claims
- Peace of mind when you need it most