Water Damage Tips and Tricks
SERVPRO of Richmond and SERVPRO of Henrico would like to share some tips of what you can do if you experience a water damage and are waiting for the professionals to show up and restore your home back to normal.
- Shut off the water source if applicable
- Remove excess water by mopping and laying down towels
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under furniture legs to help lessen water damage
- Remove Oriental or other colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- DO NOT use a regular vacuum to remove water.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of areas where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Do not leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpeting.
Please call SERVPRO of Richmond and SERVPRO of Henrico at 804.740.6151 to handle the water damage and mitigation process.