Hurricane Season 2020
How to Prepare for a Hurricane.
This 2020 Hurricane season is estimated to be more active than previous years. It's important to know what to do before it hits to help prevent damage or loss to your property.
List of Supplies
- An Emergency Readiness Plan for your family
- 3 days worth of water
- 3 days of non perishable food for each person or pet
- First Aid Kit
- Battery Powered Radio or radio alert
- Portable Power bank to charge cell phones
- Full Tank of Gas in car
- Whistle to Signal for Help
How to Prepare Your Home
- Cover your windows with storm shutter or plywood, or use tape the glass so the broken shards stay together
- Learn if you are in an area that floods, and how to properly sand bag your home
- Clean out your rain gutters
If you’ve already experienced flooding or storm damage, don’t hesitate to reach out to SERVPRO of Richmond and SERVPRO of Henrico at 804.740.61.51.