Prepare Your Home Before Leaving for Vacation
It's that time of the year again! Summer break is here and it's time for everyone to pack up and head to their favorite vacation spot that you've been planning for weeks! However, are you planning for the safety of your home while you're gone?
Check out these tips that could save your home from a water damage or other potential threats while you relax on the beach.
Take Plumbing and Electric Precautions
- Shut off gas and water at the meter, supply tank or appliances
- Turn off the water valves to washing machines, sinks, and the dishwasher
- Unplug electronics to cut down on any possible shortages
- Check your smoke detectors to ensure they are working properly
- Adjust your thermostat to 75-80 degrees, which should help control usage.
Make Arrangements With Emergency Contact
- Close friend or neighbor
- Provide emergency contacts
- Turn on porch lights
- Collect mail - burglars look for homes with overflowing mail
- Leave written information on alarm codes.