Veteran Experiences Home Fire
Last week, the Henrico Board of Supervisors invited SERVPRO of Richmond and other groups involved in repairing Vietnam Vet Walter Flanagan's home fire to be recognized for helping a fellow resident at his time of need. Our General Manager, Bobby Morgan originally went out and met with the fire marshal, building inspector and the customer. The homeowner got the house from his parents but has no homeowners insurance. His parents kept everything and every room was full of contents. Our crews delivered boxes, packing paper, sharpies, trash bags, and packing tape to the home and began boxing up the homeowner's belongings that can be saved and cleaned from the smoke and soot damage. Our crews also set up a generate to give power to his home. Volunteers also contributed to cleaning contents, putting up drywall and insulation, and even painting the rooms in his home. While our team helped out this veteran, we also involved the local news to call for other groups or organizations to donate their time and resources. Multiple local organizations stepped in to help this veteran out and we were able to get him back inside his home with a new renovated kitchen and all new appliances. At the Board of Supervisors Meeting, Mr. Flanagan addressed the audience and expressed his gratitude for everyone involved in fixing his home.